- The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that asparagus helps prevent bee stings and relieve toothaches? This vegetable is in fact a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps detoxifying your body.
- Asparagus is amazing for the gastrointestinal system and the kidneys, because it is considered to be a laxative and a diuretic.
- If that wasn’t enough, notice that asparagus has been recognized by the ancient Romans as one of the most powerful aphrodisiac. Asparagus is full of vitamins A, B, C, E, K vitamins, dietary fiber and minerals such as copper, manganese, folate, potassium, calcium, iodine, zinc, iron. All this stimulates the release of hormones responsible for sexual health in terms of increase in sexual activity and endurance. According to Ayurveda, asparagus – a plant that increases the sensitivity, positive effect on sexual problems.
- Asparagus is good for you cardiovascular system because it helps lowering high blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
- I love my asparagus raw or slightly steamed with lemon and olive oil. This way all the vitamins are preserved.
- 100 gr. of asparagus have 25 kcal, 3,1 gr. of proteins and 1,8 gr. of fibers.