- I use celery for my morning juices, for my soups, for my salads and to prepare any of my fish dishes. I love celery!
- Celery has anti-inflammatory health benefits, including protection against inflammation in the digestive tract itself.
- It contains small amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A and some B vitamins. Its seeds are a natural diuretic, as well as a remedy for heartburn. One cup of celery provides about 6 percent of your daily fiber needs. It is an excellent snack between the meals.
- Did you know? That celery has also a reputation as an aphrodisiac, going back to the ancient Romans. Madame de Pompadour swore by celery and truffle soup.
- Most important after five to seven days, significant amounts of the antioxidants present in celery disappear, so make sure you don’t store your celery for more than 5-7 days.
- 100 gr of celery has 15 kcal, 0 mg of cholesterol and 0,8 gr of proteins.