- Since they are made up of mainly water, cucumbers are a perfect means to stay hydrated during hot summer days.
- However, in Russia we eat cucumbers during the whole year. Winter is known for pickled cucumbers, prepared during summer as tradition dictates.
- According to Ayurveda, eating cucumbers helps to release the excess heat in your stomach, which is said to be a primary cause of bad breath. Forget about bubble gum and get slice of cucumber under your tongue instead.
- Cucumbers are perfect snack between meals
- Cucumbers are perfect for digestion because they contain mostly water and fibers. If you have acid reflux, you should know that drinking cucumber water can help reduce symptoms of acid reflux by temporarily raising stomach pH.
- Cucumber is also excellent for those who have constipation issues and it is an ideal base for your vegetable juice due to its mild flavor and high water content.
- Cucumbers has vitamin K, vitamins B, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese. It’s also contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and stress.
- 100 gr of cucumber has 15 kcal, 0 mg of cholesterol and o.65 of proteins.