Natalia Vlasova and her beauty formula.
Today we are going to talk about the most exciting subject for all girls at any age. Beginning at an early age, all girls have a very strong attraction first to their grandmother’s cosmetic bag, then to their mother’s one, and finally, the moment comes and she gets her own. But if in childhood the forbidden fruit is sweetest and you want to use all cosmetics at once and try it on yourself, then with age you realize that make-up needs to be approached with the mind and, constantly, you must try every time to stock up with new knowledge, which will help you not to spoil your beauty. Let’s talk today about the world of make-up with Natalia Vlasova who is the leading make-up artist of Russia, the founder and art director of the Moscow School of Make-up artists Mosmake.
Natalia Vlasova has over 20 years of experience in this industry, she cooperates with the leading glossy magazines such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, GQ, Tatler, Elle, InStyle, L’Officiel and Marie Claire, does many collaborations at Fashion Week, works with Russian and foreign celebrities such as Sharon Stone, Monica Bellucci, Natalia Vodianova, Mila Jovovich, Stella McCartney, Paris Hilton, Natalie Rickel, Isabella Blow, Esther Cañadas, Daria Zhukova, Christina Orbakaite, Alena Doletskaya, Ingeborga Dapkunaite. From 2010 to 2015 Natalia Vlasova was the national make-up artist of Giorgio Armani Cosmetics in Russia. At the moment Natalia is one of the main members of the jury on the program “Make-upers” on TV channel Friday.
In 2005, Natalia Vlasova founded the Moscow School of Make-up artists Mosmake, over the years more than 2000 students have graduated from Mosmake. In these school students receive education courses and master classes from the ground, and also there are programs for professional development, at the end of the workshop students get certificates of Russian and International standards. The school teachers are the top make-up artists of Russia. And now they are going to open a new branch of school in the center of Moscow.
Natalia, how was the idea of establishing a school born?
– In 2003 when I was at an exhibition in London I met representatives of the London School of Beauty & Make-up, liked their methodology, and wanted to create something similar in Moscow. I wanted to create a place in Russia where a student can get a basic education of an international level, a foundation that is not “tied” to a specific name or brand. And, of course, get an international certificate of International Make-up (IMA). IMA is the English certification system for make-up schools around the world, and Mosmake is the only school in Russia that teaches on this system.
What does the school give to its students?
– We have everything in school for students to become a professional make-up artist. Our basic course “The basis of make-up” is the main course in school and it is the best start in the profession for the make-up artist in our country.
The most important thing in these classes is a strong foundation which is basic for the further professional development of the make-up artist. We have also courses and master classes for practicing make-up artists to improve their skills: the creative course “Fashion & Photography”, where during two weeks the top make-up artists of Russia give one-day master classes to our students; master-classes “Face Sculpture”, “Arrows” “Eyebrow architecture”, “Eyebrow staining henna”, “Collagen lashes”, for hairstylists there is “Five-day intensive hair styling course” and thematic master classes.
For those who want to learn how to make themselves more attractive we in Mosmake have a special two-day course “Make-up for yourself”, and also for teenagers – “Teen makeup”.
Natalia, you as a professional make-up artist, what advice will you give to our readers?
– It’s never too late and not too early to start doing something that you like most of all. Nowadays, beginner make-up artists have everything necessary for development: good courses, a lot of inspirational materials on the Internet, a huge range of cosmetic products. The main thing is not to be afraid and go ahead.
Tell me please, in the makeup field is it really worth to pursue fashion trends?
– I really like the new concept: we wear makeup and not vice versa. It is, of course, necessary to look at the trends, but there is no need to copy them blindly. First of all Make-up should beautified.
But you wouldn’t hung up on one image, don’t you think that always wear the same makeup is boring, and changings is much more interesting and fun! It is always useful to seek help from a professional make-up artist. Every year, on the market new cosmetic products, colors and textures are appeared and it’s very difficult to make right choice yourself in this diversity, while a professional make-up artist will help you and even teach how to apply new techniques in make-up.
Natalia, what new trends are we waiting for this summer and which ones would you recommend for day and evening makeup?
This year, there are clearly trends in glossy makeup. Therefore, you may pay attention to highlighters and bronzers – this season they are quite delicate, without highly contrasting mother-of-pearl – such products will help you to achieve a fashionable effect of the glazed skin. By the way, bronzers with this texture can almost always be used as a multifunctional product – for the skin, eyes and lips at the same time. Gloss on the lips, glossy pigments, colored mascara – this is all relevant, at a time when matte textures lose their indisputable primacy. By the way, color trends are bright shades and pastels.
For daytime make-up, you can bet on the color, and for the evening make-up – on the shine.
And finally, Natalia, tell me how must we properly remove makeup and take care of our skin?
– In my opinion, the main stage of skin care is cleansing. I have several favorite means:
- Cleansing hydrophilic oil by Shu Uemura – suitable for fans of Japanese single-stage cleaning technology
- Sulwhasoo Timetreasure Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam – with a very delicate texture and a stunning scent of pine needles
- Ciracle Enzyme foam for washing – for easy peeling
- Face Mask Malin + Goetz – a cleansing mask with an interesting texture that changes from cream to foam.
Mosmake Golden Patches by Natalia Vlasova were included in the list of the best cosmetic products of 2015 and have received the Allure Best of Beauty Award.
This is a universal mask for all types of skin, deeply moisturizes the skin, smooths its texture and gives the face a healthy color. Now it is my favorite face care product. After first time of using this golden patches I don’t go without them.
All our readers can buy this magic Golden Patches with 20% discount, you need only write in comments the promocode “20% from Anastassia Khozissova”.
For more info contact to us: Lifeofthemodel@gmail.com and we will definitely help you.