- During fall and winter time pomegranate is one of my go-to fruits: it is delicious, super healthy and it also boosts our immune system.
- Pomegranate contains extremely powerful antioxidants and has impressive anti-inflammatory effects. Which means it helps our body in the fight against free radicals and thus the developing of cancer.
- Pomegranates are also highly recommended to people who suffer from any cardiovascular disease, since they are a heart-friendly food that lowers our blood pressure and maintain an effective circulation, reducing the risks of strokes and heart attacks.
- Studies have shown that pomegranate fruit extracts have the ability to block enzymes that degrade cartilage in diseases like osteoarthritis.
- Eating pomegranate is also a means to have a beautiful skin, because it aids skin cells regeneration, prevents sun damage guarding against UV rays.
- 100 gr of pomegranate have 83 kcal, 4 gr of dietary fibers, 0 mg of cholesterol and 2 gr of proteins.