- Pumpkin is the vegetable you should crave not only in October, when it’s Halloween time, but through the whole year. Because it’s benefits for your health are undeniable.
- Pumpkin cream soup, pie or pumpkin salad – you can create so many good meals with this vegetable. That’s why I love it and try to eat a lot during mid-season.
- This vegetable is an excellent source of beta and alpha carotene and B–complex vitamins, which are known as one of the best allies your skin could possibly have against aging.
- It is high in fibers and low in calories, which is mean that it will encourage weight loss by making you feel fuller longer.
- Pumpkin is also rich with flavonoid poly-phenolic antioxidants. They protect our body from the damage caused by free radicals.
- 100 gr of pumpkin have 26 kcal, 21 mg of calcium, 340 mg of potassium and 0.5 gr of dietary fibers.
- For recipes and more click here