Russian style macrobiotic bowl
Have you ever heard about macrobiotic bowl? Macrobiotics means harmonizing ourselves with the natural world through our food. And the best way to do it is serving you plate with seasonal and regional simple food. So it was natural for me to get creative and make macro inspired meal in the style of my native Russia.
What’s the base of a Macrobiotic bowl, you ask me? Every meal is a mixture of grains, vegetables, beans… I will use buckwheat and different veggies to serve mine.
For my Macrobiotic Russian Bowl you will need:
Bunch of Kale
1 teaspoon of Lemon juice
2 stalk of Celery
1 teaspoon of Olive oil
1 Sweet yellow pepper
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of Sesame oil
1 tablespoon of Flaxseed
8-10 Goji berries
1 teaspoon of Tamari sauce
Hand full of Salted cabbage
1 tablespoon of Sunflower oil
1 cup of Buckwheat
Salicornia or Alghe
How to make your macrobiotic bowl: 7 simple steps
- Start with kale salad. Break kale and add it to the bowl. Mix lemon juice with salt and sprinkle kale with this sauce.
- Make sauce. Cut sweet pepper and mix it in your blender (I use VitamiX and love it) with olive oil, pinch of cayenne pepper, Tamari sauce, Goji berries and celery. Rub through the sieve to be sure it doesn’t contain lumps. Add 1 tablespoon of Flaxseed in the end.
- Cut the turnip and soak it in lemon juice with Tamari sauce.
- Peel and chop avocado into cubes.
- It’s important to also include fermented foods like prickled cabbage. Add sunflower oil.
- Pre-cook buckwheat.
- Serve your plate. Sauce underneath, all ingredients on top of it. Decorate with raw carrot and love.
Our bowl is ready! Look how colorful it looks! I love seeing a mix of colors on my plate, it’s like nature’s form of art.